The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

Horse chestnut tree


By Masie

United Kingdom Gb

Thank you so much Spritzhenry/Bamboo/Nickyto8 for your replies on our conker tree, we don't know what to do or who to ask for advice to confirm or treat the condition accordingly.but thanks again anyway. Masie



A local tree surgeon, some come round for free to look or it may cost a little bit just for thir time. But try 2 or 3 to get a good spread of possible ideas about it and to make sure ones not pulling leg!

10 Aug, 2009


Absolutely, Nicky - the first one might tell Masie to chop it down unnecessarily! It's a bit like a Doctor, I suppose - get a second opinion.

10 Aug, 2009


Contact your local council - they should have someone who cares for trees in the borough, so you need the parks dept, probably, and a tree specialist - because this new disease is such a threat, they may even come out and have a look for you for free, but certainly should give you advice. If it is the new form of canker, there's no treatment anyway.

11 Aug, 2009

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?