The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

United Kingdom Gb

Could you identify what looks like a nest of some sort about 4in in diameter located on a rose brier made of moss

Thank you




How intruiging, I have no idea, but hope someone comes along with an answer!

21 Aug, 2013


Not a nest but a burr actually growing from the rose.

21 Aug, 2013


We used to find these as children on the wild roses, they were called Robins pincushions! Actually a gall from a little grub.
Check out Wikipedia at the following.

21 Aug, 2013


Thank you to all who replied it is nice to know what the "nest" is.

22 Aug, 2013

How do I say thanks?

Answer question

Related photos

  • Nigella ' Persian Jewels ' from Flowercrazy
  • Love is blossoming all over my yard it seems !
  • Damsol flies (for Sticki and Surreylad!)
  • Double Take!!

Related blogs

Related products


Related questions

Not found an answer?