The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

By Guest
Who is guest?

Cheshire, United Kingdom Gb

I have one corner of my garden that gets very water logged, what could I plant to drink up some of the excess water?



If it is far enough away from the house Salix.

28 Mar, 2010


I agree with MG about salix (willow). Also, some irises prefer very wet ground as well as plants such as marsh marigold or bulrushes. Have you thought about the possibility of putting in a small pond and making the most of the fact the water collects there naturally?

28 Mar, 2010


Salix is a good idea, but only if the area concerned is over 40 feet away from your house.

28 Mar, 2010

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Previous question

« best time to re-plant christmas rose


Not found an answer?