The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

By Kaiglen

London, United Kingdom Gb

Has anybody seen one of these in their garden if so what is it called, it's a cross between spider and a crab

Image Image



It's a crab spider. Someone asked the same question a couple of weeks ago.

17 Jul, 2015


Many thanks it's quite pretty really.

18 Jul, 2015


I'd run a mile if I saw that in my garden! Want to love all insects but some spiders really scare me.

18 Jul, 2015


It's not going to leap at you and bite you! It's not even very big - I don't like the house ones that run across the carpet - then you'll hear me scream!

18 Jul, 2015


yes it is called a crab spider. There are several different species, native to Britain. eat lots of plant pests so it is a good guy.

19 Jul, 2015

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?