The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

By Linjoy

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom Gb

If I pick a mild spell can I still move my smallish evergreen hebe now?



Depends how small, or rather, how long its been in the ground - if its possible to get it up and keep the rootball intact, so it doesn't know its been moved, and you put it straight into a pre prepared hole elsewhere, it should be okay. There's nothing in the weather forecast to suggest that we're going to get any snow or particularly cold weather for the next week, and doing it when there's rain around isn't a bad thing, so long as your soil's not waterlogged. If, though, it has been in the ground for three years or more, its roots are likely widespread and you can't keep the rootball intact, then best to wait till early March.

23 Jan, 2016

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?