The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

United Kingdom Gb

I have a fungus or algae growing in my lawn. It is flat , rather like small curlykale leaves, dark grey with cream coloured underside. Can you tell me what it is and how to get rid of it.



If its like small plates, grey on top, pale beneath with curled up edges, probably dog lichen. Treat with mosskiller, improve your lawn maintenance with spiking (aerating) feeding and scarifying in autumn. Doesn't fit with your description of curly kale leaves though, so posting a photograph would confirm or indicate another problem.

16 Jun, 2011

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?