The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

West Midlands, United Kingdom Gb

As i am registered disabled i would love to give someone the bottom half of my garden to use as an allotment as in cant manage it. I live near Wednesbury, is this a possibility?



If any GoYers live near you, Pippy, then I am sure that they will respond.
Failing that, try Landshare, a web site that connects people like yourself with people whoo want some garden ground. I tried it a few years ago and had several responses.

9 Sep, 2011


Thanks bulbaholic but i'm not brilliant wuth computers and had no luck with that :-(

9 Sep, 2011


If it weren't for the fact I live in London, I'd have taken that on...

9 Sep, 2011


You could try getting in touch with your local allotment association, allotments are much sought after these days and there are usually long waiting lists, so may be worth a try.

9 Sep, 2011


If the allotment association doesn't come up trumps it might be worth actually getting someone to help you to register with the Landshare site as it has a long list of people offering land and another of people looking for land.

9 Sep, 2011


Why don't you ask the immediate neighbour if they would like to buy it from you - to extend their own garden/property ..... i'd bite your hand off if you were MY neighbour.

One of the GoY members did this a couple of years ago and he's chuffed to bits with it.

9 Sep, 2011


Old fashioned way of doing things place a card in the local paper shop. But before allowing anyone, go and check out their garden.

9 Sep, 2011


That's good advice, Pimpernel!

10 Sep, 2011

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Previous question

« how to get rid of toadstool from lawn


Not found an answer?